Embedded Software Engineer
OriginGPS is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in the field to execute complete embedded software development lifecycles. The engineer will be part of the R&D team and will work in an exciting innovative environment developing embedded software for embedded devices and systems that are under space, performance and reliability constraints.
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software in C.
- Implement standard and proprietary communication protocols (MQTT, LWM2M, etc.).
- Support software QA prior to shipping.
- Create product documentation
- Design and perform follow-up and improvement processes.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in computer science, electronics engineering or relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in RT/embedded systems development and in C for low-level projects (MCU, drivers, interfaces)
- Experience managing interfaces, such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, and GPIO
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Java, Python, C++, AngularJS, databases – advantage
- Knowledge of GPS and cellular connectivity
- Experience with STM32 Arm-Cortex M4 – preferred
- Experience working in the IoT industry – preferred
- Experience with software security – preferred
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- A results-oriented team player who knows how to work independently, learn fast, and communicate well